Assistant Plant Accountant
- Company: BAM International
- Region: Netherlands
- Field of experience: Financial
- Business line: Construction and mechanical and electrical services
- Education level: University of professional education
- Location: Den Haag
About the challenge
The Plant Department provides support to all our plants worldwide regarding (asset) management of our equipment (vessels, barges etc.). The Assistant Plant Accountant reports to the Plant Controller and liaises with several Plant entities to gather relevant financial data. The Assistant Plant Accountant will be responsible for the financial administration of several plant companies and will provide support to plant controller in preparing management reports.
Key activities / Result areas
• All necessary activities needed for the complete financial administration of several plant entities in different countries;
• Liaise with other BAM international (plant) employees to gather proper/complete information timeously;
• Perform accounting activities based on data received from our plants worldwide;
• Control on correctness of incoming invoices and timely payment;
• Control on correctness of outgoing invoices and timely receipt of payment;
• Arrange properly coding of journal entries;
• Assist in our current migration to another ERP system (from Metacom to 4PS Navision);
• Report to the Plant Controller of all relevant data and other issues;
• Assist in preparation & supervision of monthly and quarterly reports.
• He/she should be willing to travel a few times a year for a couple of days to UAE or other places to discuss (Plant finance) department issues.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an Assistant Plant Accountant for our Plant Department, based in our head office in The Hague.
Education & Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree (Economics, Accounting, Business Administration, Finance);
• Knowledge of accounting principles, practices and procedures;
• At least 2 years (to 5 years) of experience in accounting, preferably with (asset) management of heavy equipment and marine assets;
• Good knowledge of English in writing and verbally;
• Team player, adaptability, accuracy, trustworthiness, planning and organizational skilled;
• Knowledge of Metacom and/or 4PS would be considered a plus.
What do we offer?
Working for BAM International means a challenging working environment where individual contributions mean a lot. We offer comprehensive training possibilities, a fitting salary, benefits package and career advancement opportunities. BAM International has an open company culture and short lines of command. We are dedicated to maintaining a high level of expertise in project management and construction, inclusive of safety, quality and care for the environment. BAM International is committed to offer clear career and management development opportunities with a focus on job rotation, the development of personal qualities and timely discovery of talents.
We offer training programs and active coaching for employees at all levels with a focus on themes such as expertise and entrepreneurship. In addition we offer a good salary and secondary benefits such as 40 paid leave days per annum.
BAM International is the operating company of Royal BAM Group that is active worldwide (outside Western Europe) on construction projects in the fields of civil engineering, general building, infrastructure and industrial works and involved in multidisciplinary projects for the oil and gas industry. BAM International’s head office is based in The Hague, the Netherlands and has regional offices in all continents. The company currently employs over 3000 employees worldwide; they are working on projects in the areas Africa, Americas, Asia Pacific, Australia and the Middle East/Gulf States.
About Royal BAM Group
Royal BAM Group nv is a successful European construction group and unites operating companies in five home markets with the administrative centre in the Netherlands and listed at Euronext Amsterdam. BAM is active in the sectors construction and mechanical and electrical services, civil engineering, property and public private partnerships. The Group ranks among the largest companies in Europe. BAM has top market positions in the Netherlands, Belgium, the United Kingdom, Ireland and Germany. One of BAM's prominent features is its widespread regional network of offices, meaning that the company is always close to its clients. BAM offers its clients various substantial packages of products and services in the home markets. The Group undertakes specialist construction and civil engineering projects in niche markets worldwide. With around 21,500 employees, BAM is responsible for the implementation of thousands of projects every year. Some are spectacular (due to their size or technical complexity), but many others are more modest construction contracts. BAM's philosophy is to offer real value to its clients and work with them in close and lasting co-operation that provides outstanding performance in relation to the maintenance, innovation and expansion of built-up environments. BAM is recognized and acknowledged for the quality and reliability of its products and services as well as for the commitment, knowledge and experience of its employees.