Health Safety & Security Manager
- Company: BAM International
- Region: Worldwide
- Field of experience: HSQE
- Business line: Construction and mechanical and electrical services
- Education level: University of professional education
- Location: Worldwide
About the challenge
We are looking for senior HSS Managers for several of our projects worldwide. The HSS Manager will ensure that the BAM International safety management system is in place, maintained and implemented on the project. The project and project location will be determined based on your experience and background.
Your main tasks and accountabilities will be:
- Coordinate the activities of the Health & Safety Team for the project and offer guidence in the development of Health & Safety Advisors under their control;
- Ensure that the HSS Plan is in place including legal and client requirements, incidents investigations (by identifying root causes), coordinate corrective actions and management inspections and guidance is provided to project management in preparation of project safety management plans and project objectives are predominantly leading, are reviewed and revised on a quarterly basis;
- Monitor project KPIs and ensure concerning trends are addressed in a proactive manner and attend safety meetings with the BAM International safety department and project meetings;
- Collate incident and man-hours worked data for the project and report (weekly) to the area and corporate safety department;
- Ensure all persons are trained to carry out their duties and a structured training program is communicated and implemented on the project and examples of best practice are recorded and issued to the BAM International HSS department;
- Undertake regular inspections of the project site, project office(s) and depots on the project and report findings to site management and the Health & Safety Manager;
- Undertake safety awareness audits, accompanied by a member of the safety department and manage the client and subcontractors on the project;
- Advice on medical and occupational health matters, monitor arrangements and ensure that all documents issued by the safety department are distributed to appropriate personnel and are acted upon.
Who are we looking for?
- Qualification in OSHA with a minimum of 10 years previous experience in a similar role;
- Extensive knowledge of health, safety, laws and training requirements in the construction industry;
- Ability to deliver presentations to clients / vendors and internally;
- Contacts and maintains contact easily with people of varying levels, changes personal conduct to a situation, if necessary, in order to create a positive atmosphere, solve conflicts and achieve goals (networking);
- English language fluency;
- Willingness to relocate to our project locations.
What do we offer?
Working for BAM International provides a challenging working environment where we are dedicated to maintaining a high level of expertise in project management and construction, inclusive of safety, quality and care for the environment. BAM International is committed to offer clear career and management development opportunities with a focus on job rotation, the development of personal qualities and timely discovery of talents.
We offer training programs and active coaching for employees at all levels with a focus on themes such as expertise and entrepreneurship. In addition we offer a good remuneration package which includes housing, transportation, visa, flight tickets, medical insurance and a pension scheme. Our in-house HR department will guide you through the mobilization process and facilitate you where possible.
BAM International is the operating company of Royal BAM Group that is active worldwide (outside Western Europe) on construction projects in the fields of civil engineering, general building, infrastructure and industrial works and involved in multidisciplinary projects for the oil and gas industry. BAM International’s head office is based in The Hague, the Netherlands and has regional offices in all continents. The company currently employs over 3000 employees worldwide; they are working on projects in the areas Africa, Americas, Asia Pacific, Australia and the Middle East/Gulf States.
About Royal BAM Group
Royal BAM Group nv is a successful European construction group and unites operating companies in five home markets with the administrative centre in the Netherlands and listed at Euronext Amsterdam. BAM is active in the sectors construction and mechanical and electrical services, civil engineering, property and public private partnerships. The Group ranks among the largest companies in Europe. BAM has top market positions in the Netherlands, Belgium, the United Kingdom, Ireland and Germany. One of BAM's prominent features is its widespread regional network of offices, meaning that the company is always close to its clients. BAM offers its clients various substantial packages of products and services in the home markets. The Group undertakes specialist construction and civil engineering projects in niche markets worldwide. With around 21,500 employees, BAM is responsible for the implementation of thousands of projects every year. Some are spectacular (due to their size or technical complexity), but many others are more modest construction contracts. BAM's philosophy is to offer real value to its clients and work with them in close and lasting co-operation that provides outstanding performance in relation to the maintenance, innovation and expansion of built-up environments. BAM is recognized and acknowledged for the quality and reliability of its products and services as well as for the commitment, knowledge and experience of its employees.