- Company: BAM International
- Region: Netherlands
- Field of experience: Business support
- Business line: Business support
- Education level: University of professional education
- Location: Den Haag
About the challenge
This role is to strengthen the support base of the BAM International’s corporate HR organisation. The HR Officer will provide support on operational issues and to defined projects aiming at further improvements on the various international HR procedures and workflows.
Your main tasks and accountabilities will be in:
- Contributing to arranging and making employment contracts, assignment procedures and visa requests, for assignment of employees to our international areas: Asia Pacific, Middle East, Australia, Africa, Americas. This in accordance with internal guidelines and international standards, to ensure that working conditions and procedures are correctly and consistently applied;
- Managing, processing and monitoring of changes in personnel and organisational data;
- Processing of questions from management, employees, HR departments in the international areas, using the systems provided for this purpose and based on own knowledge to ensure accurate information is provided efficiently;
- Coordinating the performance management program cycles;
- Making proposals for the improvement of procedures, methods and systems, based on experiences in the process, thereby further improving the quality. Participating in project teams to contribute to the implementation of targeted improvements;
- Provide explanations and communicate (proposed) changes in HR policies, instruments, procedures and administrative organisation to management and employees;
- Making annual salary calculations for international assignments.
Who are we looking for?
As HR Officer you have the following qualifications and competencies:
- Degree at Bachelor level in Human Resources or other relevant study
- Having two years’ work experience in an coordinative role in international (HR) environment is preferable;
- Having experience in the field of tax law is an advantage;
- Strong operational drive, result oriented, analytical capacities, problem solving skills, excellent numerical skills;
- Initiative, proactive, persuasiveness, flexibility to switch between different tasks, understanding priorities;
- Communication skills, team player and pro active;
- Fluent Dutch and English speaker.
What do we offer?
Working for BAM International provides a challenging working environment where we are dedicated to maintaining a high level of expertise in project management and construction, inclusive of safety, quality and care for the environment. BAM International is committed to offer clear career and management development opportunities with a focus on job rotation, the development of personal qualities and timely discovery of talents.
Within BAM International’s open company culture we facilitate comprehensive training possibilities and career advancement opportunities. We offer a good remuneration package which includes 40 days paid leave per annum for head office based roles.
BAM International is the operating company of Royal BAM Group that is active worldwide (outside Western Europe) on construction projects in the fields of civil engineering, general building, infrastructure and industrial works and involved in multidisciplinary projects for the oil and gas industry. BAM International’s head office is based in The Hague, the Netherlands and has regional offices in all continents. The company currently employs over 3000 employees worldwide; they are working on projects in the areas Africa, Americas, Asia Pacific, Australia and the Middle East/Gulf States.
About Royal BAM Group
Royal BAM Group nv is a successful European construction group and unites operating companies in five home markets with the administrative centre in the Netherlands and listed at Euronext Amsterdam. BAM is active in the sectors construction and mechanical and electrical services, civil engineering, property and public private partnerships. The Group ranks among the largest companies in Europe. BAM has top market positions in the Netherlands, Belgium, the United Kingdom, Ireland and Germany. One of BAM's prominent features is its widespread regional network of offices, meaning that the company is always close to its clients. BAM offers its clients various substantial packages of products and services in the home markets. The Group undertakes specialist construction and civil engineering projects in niche markets worldwide. With around 21,500 employees, BAM is responsible for the implementation of thousands of projects every year. Some are spectacular (due to their size or technical complexity), but many others are more modest construction contracts. BAM's philosophy is to offer real value to its clients and work with them in close and lasting co-operation that provides outstanding performance in relation to the maintenance, innovation and expansion of built-up environments. BAM is recognized and acknowledged for the quality and reliability of its products and services as well as for the commitment, knowledge and experience of its employees.