Your Safety is My Safety
The objective of achieving a standard of excellence in all matters in the field of health and safety is an integral part of realising the Royal BAM Group’s goal.
Safety is unconditional. It comes before planning or profit. After a hard day's work, we all want to go home safely. And the next day, start a new working day healthy. A safe working day. Not only the 20,000 people who work at BAM, but also partners, suppliers and clients with whom we work on a daily basis. We look after ourselves, each other and society as a whole. On the construction site, on the road and in the office; Your Safety is My Safety.
Creating a safe working environment throughout BAM's supply chain is of great importance to achieving the Group's safety objectives. This is done by:
- Strengthening the operating companies by carrying out safety behaviour audits.
- Strengthening BAM's safety culture, supported by the Your Safety is My Safety communication campaign.
- Improving safety performance: IF Total < 3.5 in 2021.
This safety approach is designed to continuously improve BAM's safety performance and achieve its strategic objectives.
The Executive Committee of Royal BAM Group has identified a series of key points for improving safety performance. These key points should be seen in addition to and in conjunction with the Code of Conduct as established by the Executive Committee.
- Occupational accidents, ill health and disability are avoidable.
- Personal damage and injury, and damage to property of third parties must be avoided at all times.
- Hazards, which give rise to a risk to health and safety are unacceptable and should be reduced to an acceptable level through the application of control measures.
- The Board of Directors of each operating company is responsible for the implementation of the Royal BAM Group’s health and safety policy in their organisation.
- Continuous and systematic improvement must be an integral part of the health and safety management system within each operating company
- We expect BAM employees and everyone who works for or with BAM to:
- Never ignore the safety rules in order to get a job done
- Knowing our safety rules
- Stop any activity - including their own - if they think it's not safe
- Never work under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Discuss all incidents and near misses in the workplace and other unsafe or unhealthy working conditions with their supervisor or Safety Officer.
Royal BAM Group's safety policy
The Executive Committee believes that Royal BAM Group nv develops, designs, builds and manages projects that meet the needs of people and the environment. By 'people' we mean everyone who is involved in or influenced by the Group's activities: employees, clients, designers, partners, suppliers, subcontractors, buyers and citizens. The ‘environment’ refers to our respect for and protection of our planet and all its natural life forms.
This means that the policy of Royal BAM Group nv and its operating companies is to carry out all working activities in a manner that exceeds our legal obligations.
Royal BAM Group looks to ensure that:
- Every possible form of injury and ill health that could result from our work activities is prevented;
- The requirements, wishes and expectations of the client are satisfied;
- Every effort is made to prevent any negative impact that our work activities may have upon personal property and the environment;
- Operational processes have a controlled course and are continuously improved.
- BAM's safety culture campaign 'Your Safety is My Safety' is running. This campaign aims for zero accidents and that can only be achieved through a joint approach. That is what we are jointly responsible for. At all our locations, at home, on the way to work and at the office. Your Safety is My Safety' is the first uniform global safety campaign for all BAM locations.
The statements below communicate the values, ambitions and underlying principles of Your Safety is My Safety:
'Safety is unconditional. It is more important than planning or profit. More important than anything you can think of'.
‘After a hard day's work, we all want to go home safely. Get up the next day healthy and start a new working day: a safe working day'.
‘Safety is something we work on together. That's why we make all our employees aware of their responsibilities. Not only BAM's 20,000 people on the payroll, but also our partners, suppliers and the clients with whom we work on a daily basis. We take responsibility for ourselves and for each other and society; on location, on the road and in the office.'
Every employee of Royal BAM Group and its operating companies has a direct responsibility in achieving these goals. It requires good co-operation and continuous commitment. The management has an exemplary function in this process. We trust everyone to support and propagate this policy.