Construction Contract signed for Great Yarmouth Outer Harbour
Camberley, 29 May 2007 - The Great Yarmouth Port Company has awarded a Joint Venture of Van Oord UK Ltd and Edmund Nuttall Ltd a Construction Contract worth in the region of £50m for their Outer Harbour Development.
The Van Oord / Nuttall Joint Venture's scope of works includes:
- The construction of two breakwaters with a total length of approximately 1,400m, requiring the importation of approximately 850,000 tonnes of rock materials.
- The dredging and subsequent beneficial reuse of approximately 1,600,000m3 of sand to provide 17.6ha of land for future Port development.
- Construction of approximately 450m of quay wall with associated capping beam and crane rail.
- 225m of revetment berth and associated berthing dolphins.
Works will commence on site immediately and whilst completion is expected within two years, a fully operational container berth will be available after 18 months.
Great Yarmouth Port Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of International Port Holdings (IPH) which was formed in 2006 with a strategy to invest in small to medium-sized ports having the potential to expand in scope and scale, and to contribute to regeneration initiatives and economic development.
Van Oord UK Ltd is the UK operating subsidiary of the Netherlands based Van Oord nv, a world leader in dredging and marine construction.
Edmund Nuttall Ltd is the UK operating subsidiary of the Netherlands based Royal BAM Group nv, the leading European civil engineering and construction company.
For further information please contact:
- Paul Hesk, Business Development Manager, Van Oord UK Ltd, Tel 44 (0)1635 529101;
- Peter Bishop, Head of Public Relations, Edmund Nuttall Ltd, Tel 44 (0)1276 63484.